• Mushroom Free Chicken Marsala

    Chicken Marsala with Rice

    Ingredients 
    2 cups of rice

    3 tbs of oil
    1 medium onion
    1 teaspoon salt - to taste
    1 teaspoon oregano - dry flakes
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon cumin
    *3 large carrots cut into bite sizes
    *3 stalk of celery cut into bite sizes
    * normally chicken Marsala is cooked with mushroom, since we cannot eat mushroom. I made mine with carrots and celery. It is not the same but, oh well.
    1 cup of Marsala wine - for cooking
    1 cup of water
    2 table spoon of rice flour or rice starch thickener

    1 bag of frozen Brussels Sprouts
    2 table spoon of olive oil

    Directions

    Rice
    This is the easy part. I've come to love my rice cooker. Read the direction on whatever rice you have. It should tell you the amount of water you need per cup of rice. For the rice that I use, it happens to be 1 cup of rice or 1 and 1/4 cup of water. Pour it in the rice cooker, turn it on and let it cook.

    Meanwhile
    Chicken
    Use any pieces of chicken you like. Chicken breast will cook faster. In this case I used a whole chicken that I shop into pieces. Yes, I like my chicken with bones in them.
    Wash it

    On medium heat add at 3 table spoon of oil to the pan
    Add the chicken, onions, salt, oregano, black pepper and cumin.
    Stir until the chicken is well covered with the seasoning and the onion is caramelized
    To thicken the sauce add rice flour and stir well.
    Add in the Marsala wine
    Add the carrots, celery, or just the mushroom if you want. Then add a cup of water or more depending on how much meat you have in there.
    Let it cook on simmer, until the meat is ready.

    Brussels Sprouts
    If you want more vegetables you can roast some Brussels Sprouts
    **I like to cover my roasting pan with aluminium  foil so that I do not have to wash it later. I just throw the foil in the garbage when it is all done**
    So cover the roasting pan with aluminium foil
    Pour the defrosted Brussels sprouts onto the pan, mix them well with the oil and put the pan in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 -20 minutes...or how ever long it takes for yours to cook and not be too mushy...(I don't like mushy, my kids will not eat it...or is should say, I will not eat it (:-))

    Serve and enjoy (:-)



0 comments:

Post a Comment