• MYO Seasoning and Marinade

    All right...if you are like me, most of the time you just throw every single seasoning you have in the pot. Sometime you just want something that taste different, so you try new combinations.
    On most weekends, I try to cook all of my meats for the week in advance, it makes the weeknight go easier. In this efforts sometime I mix together about 1 to 2 cups of seasoning since I am going to use it for 3 meals worth of meat (chicken and beef mostly).

    With this you can do whatever you want, be creative. Sometime I use,

    Ingredients

    1 table spoon of salt
    2 table spoons of olive oil
    1 table spoon of cumin
    1 tea spoon of ground cloves (especially if I am cooking beef)
    1 table spoon of rosemary (especially if I am cooking chicken)
    1 table spoon of fennel seed
    1 large onion cut to pieces
    1 table spoon of minced garlic

    ***This is where you get creative...sometime I add 
    an apple, peel and cut in pieces or
    a pear or
    a quarter piece of fresh fennel (anise)
    1/4 cup of apple juice or orange juice
    1/4 of pomegranate juice (especially if cooking beef or pork)
    Be creative, add whatever you have at hand, try new stuff

    Direction
    Once you have the seasonings you desired, blend it up in a food processor. Pour generously over the  meat you are cooking. You can either let it marinate for an 1 hour to 3 or leave it overnight in the fridge or just cook it right away. Just make sure that it has enough salt, to your liking.

    Try it let me know what you think

0 comments:

Post a Comment