• What I do when I have a flare up...

    I had a hard couple of weeks, my system was out of whack. I had nausea, my stomach was seriously bloated and was not going down no matter what I tried. I had pain in my joints, hip. My legs were hurting, it felt like sciatic nerve pain and I felt stiff. The inner of my hip bone (pelvis) would hurt when I take a step. It was just bad. I began to worry that my colon was swollen, just like it did when I ended up in the hospital for a few days last year. I kept trying to think back to what I may have eaten that would have cause so much pain and discomfort.

    The first signs that something was not well was that

     - I was always hungry, no matter what and how much I ate, it just did not seem to 'hit the spot'.
    - My stomach was swollen, bigger than usual, hard to the touch, no gas was coming out, which indicated to me that my colon was swollen  and that there might be an infection in there.
     - I try to trace it back to the first time I felt that something was off and the best I came up with was a vitamin D supplement I started taking. This particular one was made from sheep, and I remember that the first time I took it, I felt sick, yet I continued because I was really low on vitamin D and that was the doctor's recommendation.

    So what happened next. 

    -Well, something had to be done, I certainly did not want to end up in the hospital.
    -So usually, in this case I will take 5 drops of oregano oil each morning, on empty stomach.
    - Drink homemade organic chicken broth for at least a day
    - By the second day I can eat well cooked vegetables and chicken.
    The problem is,  once your stomach is off, whatever you eat will make it worse and painful even if you had it before without any problem. The one think I cannot eat when my stomach is off is grain. I can usually tolerate rice and sorghum but I do my best to stay away from them when I am sick.
    - One thing that I did, and I never done before, was to drink 3 tall glasses of plume juice. You have to drink it all at least within 30 minutes. This cleared out the stomach and allowed the oregano oil to do its jobs more efficiently.
    -The whole idea is to clean out the the stomach and kill whatever infection is there. The oregano oil act like a natural antibiotic. However, I was out of oregano oil, but I had organic oregano flakes, so I boil it and made tea.  I drank it for two days and I felt so much better. My stomach returned to normal size.

    So, this was my past two weeks. 

    Looking back, I should have taking the oregano earlier in the week. I should really make this a regular thing. Also, plume juice is a good idea to do every now and then. I will say once a month, it is a natural cleanser. I pretty  much did the same thing that would have been done in the hospital for a diverticulitis flare but I did it at home and in a natural way. So to recap
    Step 1: Empty out - Home (Plume Juice), Hospital (strong laxative)
    Step 2. Kill everything - Home (Oregano oil), Hospital (doses of various strong antibiotic)
    Step 3. Liquid diet - Home (organic homemade bone broth), Hospital (well, hospital broth and jello)

    So, what do you do, when you have a flare up! Please share..


    Note to self. Need a new Vitamin D. - Next time I will post on how to choose a supplement.

     

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that my pain matches point for point with yours. Very interesting information

  2. Adzele said...

    we should talk sometime

Post a Comment