• Beignet

    If you grew up with me, you know how much I love beignets.
    In school, I will spend all my lunch money on beignets...before lunch. I absolutely love them.So ofcourse, I was not happy when I realized that it was one more thing I could no longer eat. I never tried to make a GF version of it because I thought, oh well, it was not possible, I just had to give that up.

    A while back, I took the kids to a carnival. My favorite thing to eat at a carnival is fennel cake and ofcourse, I could not eat it this time, so I was determined that when I got home, I would make beignets. After all, flour is flour and everything taste good fry. I am right? or am I right ! (:-)

    So here we go, my GF Beignet recipe, very very very simple.

    Ingredients

    3 cups Adzele's GF All Purpose Baking Mix
    1 tea spoon of salt
    2 table spoon of raw organic sugar or brown sugar
    1/2 cup of grape seed or olive oil
    1 cup of apple sauce
    1/4 cup of really warm water
    2 teaspoon of baking powder
    1/4 cup of agave (add more sugar if you like it sweet and can handle it)
    2 cups of grape seed or rice bran oil.

    Direction

    In a small bowl add the oil, apple sauce, water, baking powder and agave. Then add it to the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. The mixture should have a thick consistency. In a shallow pan (deeper than a frying pan) add 2 cups of grape seed or rice bran oil. Once, the oil is hot enough, spoon (table spoon) the flour mixture in the oil, one at a time until the surface of the pan is cover with the spooned flour. Take a fork and turn each individual ball of dough in the pan until it has a nice brown color. They should be floating on top of the oil. It takes about two minutes to cook. Spoon out the beignets out of the oil and placed them in a plate covered with paper towels to drained out the excess oil. Continue until all the dough are fried.

    Let it cool and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment