• Chocolate, no more (:-(..AGAIN!!!!

    So, I failed, really badly, and paid the price...greatly!

    I went to this wonderful Italian restaurant for an event this past Saturday  I have to say that when I was able to eat that type of food, I ate at the chain of restaurant before and LOOOOVVVEEEEEDDDD every single bite.

    I went to this luncheon last year at the same place, so I knew that I can have something different from the set menu for this occasion. So, as the delicious food, kept passing by me, I stuck by my leaves ( I mean salad) with a dressing that was more vinegar than oil. I resisted the fried zucchini, one creamy dish after another, while I ate my plain rice, grilled chicken, and the carrots were nice. Don't get me wrong, I knew what I was getting into when I signed up to go, I was going for the fellowship, not for the food.  The fellowship was great, my food was ok, every body else food was wonderful. I was doing great, I resisted the tiramisu, then the big giant chocolate cake came to the table. If you know me, you know that chocolate is my biggest weakness, so much so that my good friend gave me this cup a while back. It says "for some there is therapy, for the rest of us there is chocolate"....I think now, I have to take the therapy instead.

    Now, the last time I ate chocolate, I was so sick in bed nauseated for a week. But that was last summer, so I as stared at this vision of delicious succulent chocolate cake and...yes, you guess it. I couldn't resist...yes, I will say it, I was weak. Well, in my defense,  I was hoping against all hope that since it had been a while since I had chocolate, it should be ok...well I hoped it will be. So, I took a bite, oh and it tasted so good, sooooo goooooddd that I decided to take one last bite...and that was the end of my weekend....(:-(

    An immediate headache came in, I felt like a fog set in right in front of me. I felt like my senses in general were affected. I just new that I did not have the same awareness or control that I did before. I immediately reached in my bag and took two tablets of benadryl. The fog-ness feeling went away, but the headache stayed. I wanted to leave and get home ASAP, but I stayed and managed through the rest of the afternoon. By the time I got home, I felt like I had been hit by a truck, my whole body hurt, I was nauseated, I still had the headache, I had chills and my skin hurt. I took two pills of cod liver oil and all natural anti inflammatory and went to bed. I did my best to sleep. In the morning, I woke up with the headache, but my body was not hurting anymore. I had no energy left in me, so I went back to bed and did not move till sometime after noon. After that, I was better, I slowly gained my energy back and most of the physical trace of my lack of judgment of the previous day was pretty much gone.

    Well, part of me wanted to believe that maybe it was some kind of a 24 hours flu or cold...I guess it could happen. But, it started right when I took a bite of that piece of chocolate cake.
    Also, I have been suffering from seasonal allergy pretty badly for the past few weeks. I think that probably weaken my system and introducing a cake with wheat, egg, sugar, chocolate and all things that I no longer eat probably did not help...AT ALL!!! I was telling this to a friend today and she told me that a family member had described the same reaction to sugar and wheat.

    So, well I don't have a medical explanation for any of these, if you have one please please share.....
    All I know is how my body reacted, and honestly, I am tired! and Truthfully, it is all in God's hand, that is where my hope lies. One think for sure though, you will not see me eat a delicious chocolate cake....EVER again...well maybe not ever, God can heal. Until then, I will not be tempted!

1 comments:

  1. IdaAJ said...

    I'm so sorry...

Post a Comment