• What can you NOT eat - part 1

    Let start with what we cannot eat. Part 1

    This all started when my third kid was born. It began with asthma and eczema and I noticed that his bowel movement was green. That just did not look normal. Then I noticed that when I ate certain food, it was worse. Since he was breast fed, I started eliminating eggs, then dairy, then wheat. When he turned 1, I took him to the allergist because things were just not getting better. So, currently, here is the list of food he is allergic to. He is now two.

     Allergy List

    Egg (Egg white, Egg yolk)
    Milk
    Corn Flounder Cod Fish Wheat Rye Barley
     *****Rice
     Soy
     Peanut
    Almond
    Pecan
    Cashew
    Pistachio
    Walnut
    Hazel nut Brazil nut (All tree nuts in general)
     *Coconut **Strawberries
     ***Beans, especially chick peas
     ****oatmeal

     Food  Intolerance 

    Pineapple
     Potatoes
     Millet
    Cinnamon

        *Coconut
    Up until last month I was cooking with coconut oil, milk and the cream makes great ice cream. He recently tested positive for coconut and that was not a surprise to me, because I noticed that he reacted to coconut flour, shredded coconut and he would not drink the milk. I kept cooking with it because with all these allergies, I wanted to get some good fat in him. However, we no longer eat coconut.

      **Strawberries I gave him strawberries in a juice one night. Before he went to bed, he was coughing and the next morning, he could not stand or hold his head up and we ended up in the emergency room. To be safe, we just stay away from all berries.

      ***Beans, especially chick peas Same thing that happens to the strawberries, happened to the chick peas. I tried white beans, black beans in small among and he had a reaction so at the moment, we stay away from all beans...to be safe.

      ****Oatmeal He used to eat oatmeal every morning and he still was not getting better. He was sick all the time, congested, coughing, itchy, always needing an asthma medicine. One day I read that there was such a thing as gluten free oatmeal, so we try that with no difference. So we decided to stop the oatmeal, and I am serious when I say, that made all the difference. He was so much better, I will say about 80%. He began to have more 'normal days'. So the question now became, what are we do for breakfast, and this how we became a rice family.

      *****rice So, the last check up we had, his rice level was at two. The allergist recommended that we keep giving it to him anyway because, since he eats it all the time and because his system is full allergies, it makes sense that the rice was positive. My plan is to reduced the amount of rice he eats. Currently, he drinks rice milk, eats rice cereal, rice snack, I bake with rice flour, rice for dinner and lunch. So this a challenge. I am trying to eliminate or at least seriously reduce it from the breakfast, and snack. I honestly don't know what else to feed this boy of mine

      What I mean by sick He will have a weird cough that sounded like he was trying to clear out his throat. What I believe happens it, when he eats the wrong food, the eczema gets worse, mucous build up in his system along with the inflation and his lung and air ways get affected. He cannot breath properly, we go through 3 to 5 days of albuterol as indicated by one of our allergist, along with the asthma medicine and eventually end up in the emergency room for steroid and that finally works.

     ...To be continued....

0 comments:

Post a Comment