• What can you NOT eat, Part Deux

    All right my turn.
    A year or so after my third one was born, I was diagnosed with Diverticulosis, Gluten Intolerance and IBD. Since then I've come to know my body more and learn what irritates my stomach. Through the help of my nutritionist and some reading i.e. Listen to your gut, I've come to realized that I can no longer eat these following food. Interesting enough, these are mostly the same food that are on my son's list. I still have to figure that one out.
    Before I list them, the question is, how do I know I cannot eat them. Well, I even went to the allergist and have my self tested for a bunch of food, none of them came out positive. However, I had just about all of the environmental allergies, but I knew that before.
    So how do I feel when I eat them:
    I feel nauseated (chocolate, beans, potatoes).
    I get headaches (anything sweet, from sugar to most fruits)
    I get pain in my joints (anything that has wheat or gluten in it). Although, my test for celiac came out negative, the way the Doctor explained it to me is that there is something in  gluten that acts like a toxin that causes joint pains in those that have gluten intolerance.

    So What Can I NOT Eat:

    Chocolate ( The day I realized I could no longer eat chocolate, was a really really sad day. Honestly, now, the thought of it makes me sick in the stomach)
    Potatoes ( My nutritionist things that they have no nutritional value, she says if you must, stick to sweet potatoes)
    Beans
    Oatmeal
    Strawberries
    Egg ( last time I ate egg, my throat was feeling 'funny, itchy, sharp')
    Milk, dairy ( I have always being Lactose Intolerant, but I continued eating what I wanted, now I cannot tolerate it at all, not even yogurt)
    Soy
    Pineapple ( I think it is the acidity, that I cannot handle)
    Tapioca (possibly). I am still in two mind about this or in denial. Same with...
    Coconut - if I was to be honest with myself. I know I cannot handle coconut. The last few time I ate them, I had headaches and I got that funny throat feeling when I ate the cream from my homemade coconut ice cream.

    Nuts and Seeds are part of the "do not eat" list for Diverticulosis. Truly, I don't think the medical field knows what should be or not be on the 'do not eat list' of Diverticulosis. I got so many contradictory information from doctors. Ultimately, you must come to know your body and be in tune to what cause you discomfort and remove it from your diet and see if there is a difference.
    Starches do not do well with me. They cause joint pains and when my stomach is 'off', it is worse.

    The original recommendation from my nutritionist was to fully stay away from any starches, including starchy vegetables. I suspected that I have Candida issue. And as you know, starches turn into sugar which in turn feed the yeast and causing the overgrow issue. Since I can remember, I could not eat sweet, sugary food, my stomach will hurt immediately. I am not sure if this is related at all to candida yeast overgrow, but who knows.

    I am sure, I forgot something, but I will update when I remember.





0 comments:

Post a Comment