• Moooo...Cow's Milk


    A friend of mine told me that her son was having speech problems and when she took him to the speech therapist, her first recommendation was to remove milk (cow's milk) out of his diet. According to my friend, that has made a significant difference in his speech development. 

    So, I started wondering, what is the big deal about dairy? I am lactose intolerant, my son has a dairy allergy and I noticed that my husband snoring lessen significantly when he is off dairy. Interesting...so what is it about milk?

    I am sure that you heard it said many times that we are the only animal that drinks the milk of another animal, not just in infancy but to our old age. The point is that we simply are not cows.

    *** If you are a milk lover and like dairy products like cheese, ice cream, yogurt and so on....I will strongly suggest getting the organic form of these products as much as possible. 

    I am not saying that cow’s milk is absolutely a NO NO. You can look here at Health News Daily for the benefits of cow’s milk. What I am saying is that, if anything, it is not what it used to be.

    Food for Thought:

     *We hear it say many times that, girls are developing quicker and kids are hitting puberty too early. We have a lot of added hormone in our food these days; from chicken, beef and milk and so on.

    *Did you ever wonder why there are so many people out there that are lactose intolerant or have milk allergies? It is so common now. Could it be because we do not have the digestive system of a cow, so we cannot break it down properly...? Or is it because we have so much additives and hormones in it that our body does not know what to do with it?  Please read here for ingredients added to cow’s milk from the Global Health Center. Some of them include steroid and thyroid hormone, pus, USDA allow a certain amount of cow’s white blood cell in to the milk and of course antibiotic.

    Honestly, every now and then, I worry that because we do not drink milk we might be lacking in calcium that it provides. Then, I realized that I can found them elsewhere; such as, kale, spinach, sardines, breakfast cereal and salmon. For a complete list please go to Webmd.  Also, they are added to non dairy milk.

    However, there are also studies that have shown that milk actually has a reverse effect on our calcium and bone health. The study found that there were more bone fracture among those that consume dairy over a long period of time (we consume dairy all the time) than those who do not consume dairy at all. You can read it here at 'Save Our Bones' and other periodical or peer review articles. Do a search at your local library.

    Like always, I encourage you to do your own research and form your own opinion. Then prayerfully decide on what is best for your family. Go back to the links I mentioned and start reading (:-). Here is an additional one, 'What's wrong with dairy'.

    Also, would love to hear your thoughts and experiences, please comment. Thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment