• Every Day Gluten Free Muffin




    I make this muffin maybe twice a week, these kids eat a lot...and because of our diet restrictions I cannot purchase most of the snacks and desserts out there in the market so I have to cook a lot. 






    Ingredients:

    1 tea spoon of salt
    1 tea spoon of baking soda
    2 table spoon of raw organic sugar or brown sugar (I do not use much sugar in my cooking, so most of the time it is not that sweet. So if you have a sweet tooth then, please feel free to add more sugar)
    1 tea spoon of ground Cardamom...you can use vanilla extract if able.
    1/2 cup of grape seed or olive oil
    1 cup of apple sauce
    1/4 cup of really warm water
    2 teaspoon of baking powder
    1/4 cup of agave. Most of the time I use less than that. Especially when I already added the brown sugar.
    1 and 1/2 cup of warm water

    Directions:

    In a large bowl combine ingredients from flour to the Cardamom. If using vanilla extract then add it to the second half of the ingredients. In a separate bowl, pour in the room temperature apple sauce and add in the rest of the ingredients. This is your egg replacer, mix well and then pour it in the bowl with the dry ingredients. First, add in 1 cup of warm water, mix well. You want a cake like consistency, not too runny and not too thick. If needed slowly, add the remaining 1/2 cup of warm water. Mix well and scoop it in each muffin cup. I usually line the pan with those cupcake holders. If you do not use them, just make sure that you oil the pan first. I preferred it without the cupcake holders.  

    Notes:

    Sometime I also add flaxseed to the mix
    Instead of the apple sauce egg replacer you can use the store bought egg replacer from E-nerG or just use the flaxseed one. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment